Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Engagement Party Cupcakes - The Making Of

To save money and as an excuse to do some serious baking I decided to make my own cake for our engagement party. I know cupcakes are literally everywhere at present but I decided they'd be the best option. One of my bridesmaids gave me a cook book from the Crabapple Bakery which had the most superb chocolate mud cake recipe. My other bridesmaid helped me bake all 140 cupcakes on Saturday afternoon. My maid of honour (my sister) tried to talk us out of eating all the leftover cupcakes. Delicious!


Melting butter and chocolate has to be one of my very favourite cooking processes. The smell is pure heaven.


You can just smell how fabulous all the gooey chocolate is.

The completely melted chocolate and butter base.
I got so busy adding all the dry ingrediants to the chocolate and butter base that I forgot to photograph those steps.

Here are the cupcakes awaiting the oven. I love that I made them using my late Nanna's baking trays.

Watch out for the finished product!

No comments: