Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fancy Food for a Family Wedding

My dear cousin planned and got her dream wedding. Her reception was held here and catered by this award winning Australian company. To say that I had high expectations for the food is an understatement.

Pre-dinner drinks were accompanied with minature salmon bites, beetroot tarts and gourmet sausage rolls. Being the greedy person that I am I did not manage to get a shot of them as I was super hungry and could not wait a second to taste them.






Entree was a baked Heidi gruyere and braised leek tart with Joseph cold pressed olive oil, pear and walnut salad:








Main was a choice between a salmon dish and this:
Roasted Lilydale free range chicken filled with Barossa Valley pancetta, onions and rosemary on soft polenta with roasting jucies


Dessert was not one but two slices of cake:
Triple layer chocolate wedding cake, and white fudge with raspberries wedding cake


Either the wait staff were a little too quick or I spent too much of the evening on the dance floor but I didn't get to finish my chocolate slice or even start my white fudge slice. Do I ever feel like finishing off that cake now!

No comments: