Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Farewell to my Birthday Month


Seeing as today is the last day of my birthday month it seems appropriate to send it off with a look at the treats my wonderful Auntie made for me.

My Auntie grew up in country Victoria on a cattle farm and knows a thing or two about good baking. In my little world my mother is the best baker but my Aunty is an extremely close second.

These are the delightful madeleines that my Auntie baked for me the morning of my birthday. They had a slight hint of alcohol and were sprinkled with the sweetest icing sugar. Perfect with a cup of birthday tea.

It wouldn’t be my birthday without a plate of my Auntie’s hedgehog. I've never been able to make a batch that tastes as good as hers, not even by copying her recipe. Nor have I purchased a piece of hedgehog that even begins to taste as yummy as hers.

11 months til I get to do it all again!

No comments: