Monday, July 6, 2009

Eating for One

picture from here


This week's blog roll tour asks us to think about what we eat when we're alone. Is it different to when we have friends over? Or when our significant other (or children) is around?



For someone who loves being around people 24/7 its surprising how much I enjoy eating alone. That is not to say that I don't enjoy catching up with friends over a meal, or having people over for dinner or going out to tea with That Southern Boy. Because I love doing all those things.


What I really enjoy doing is grazing. Taking a few bites of some left over pasta. Munching on a few roast veggies. Eating a leftover schnitzel. Getting stuck into some yummy dips and crackers. Eating hunks of Swiss cheese with handfulls of stuffed green olives and fresh Virginian ham. Not really the most appetising spread for guests though.


The ultimate eat alone experience for me? Eating on a plane when flying alone. One of my all-time favourite ways to eat.

1 comment:

K said...

I don't think I've ever had plane food good enough to look forward to. You must fly higher class than I do :)